For First Aid Instruction that meets Indiana workplace regulations, Abstract Theory Group offers you convenient classes taught by certified instructors in our Lafayette offices or at your location.
Helping Others with First Aid in Indiana
Accidental injuries and emergency medical situations happen quite frequently and first aid training in Indiana can help save someone’s life or at least save them a tremendous amount of pain and suffering. There are many topics that can be covered but the basics are clear.
- Remain calm as you evaluate the surroundings and assess the situation for potential danger
- Do not move a person with severe injuries or potential head trauma
- Call 911 – do not attempt to drive a critically ill or injured person unless there is no other way to get help
- Do not attempt to force water into an unresponsive person
- Do not administer aspirin or any other type of medication (unless it is the victim’s Nitro for a heart attack)
- Try to cover the person to help ward off shock
These issues as well as steps to provide first aid care are part of the First Aid instruction in Lafayette, Indiana provided by Abstract Theory Group. Recognizing the signs of a potentially life threatening situation is the first step in First Aid training in Indiana. Such emergency warning signs include:
- A weak or nonexistent heartbeat when checking for a pulse on the neck alongside the Adam's apple
- Broken bones
- Vomiting blood
- Confusion or difficulty waking
- Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
- Heat stroke
- Persistent vomiting or diarrhea
- Prolonged chest pain (lasting two or more minutes)
- Severe pain
- Stings and animal bites
- Sudden slurring of words and inability to utter a complete sentence
- Sudden weakness, change in vision, or dizziness
- Uncontrolled bleeding
Once the situation has been assessed, First Aid in Indiana can be provided to address the most serious aspects of the problem. It is usually better to wait for professional help but certain problems such as uncontrolled bleeding, no pulse or breathing or a heart attack require immediate attention. Sometimes, the best that you can do is to try to keep the person comfortable and safe.
Why Obtain First Aid Certification
Obtaining a first Aid certification in Indiana is a great way to ensure the health and safety of a group under your care. Traveling sports teams, Scouts or other groups on outings and camping trips and any situation where people are gathered can require emergency first aid and training by certified instructors is the best way to provide the right type of help in a timely manner.
At Abstract Theory Group, we offer First Aid training in Lafayette, Indiana that teaches you the critical skills necessary to respond appropriately when the need arises. Our First Aid certification classes last 3 hours and are $45.00. The First Aid class can be combined with either CPR or Pediatric CPR in a 6 hour class that is $80.00.
Contact us today and set up First Aid training for your office, group or club.